PALAYAN CITY–A meeting with the Indigenous Peoples Mandatory Representatives (IPMRs) to various local legislative councils in the province of Nueva Ecija was held yesterday by the NCIP Nueva Ecija Provincial Office (NEPO) at Sitio Bacao, Barangay Doña Josefa, Palayan City, Nueva Ecija.
The meeting yielded the following highlights:
1. Establishments of “INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY OFFICE FOR MANAGEMENT AND EMPOWERMENT” (I COME) to serve as ICC-based multi-purpose office focused on managing the affairs and empowerment of ICCs/IPs;
2. Conduct of the 2021 Provincial IPMRs Congress;
3. Fast-tracking the council resolutions adopting the NCIP National Advisory prohibiting selling and buying portions of Ancestral Domains;
4. Implementation of the Department of Agriculture’s 4K Project under the SAFE DOMAGET framework this year; and
5. Participation of IPMRs and Chieftains in the Barangay Planning Leveling with the JRTF/PRTF.
NCIP Nueva Ecija Provincial Officer Dr. Donato Bumacas headed the meeting together with his staff. In attendance are IPMRs in all Barangays/Municipalities of General Tinio, Laur, Bongabon, and Palayan City.