Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ncipr3.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1236
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ncipr3.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1238
Bataan Provincial-Wide Settlement of Issues of Indigenous Cultural Communities/ Indigenous Peoples (ICCs/IPs)
March 9, 2022
In partnership with the Bataan Provincial Police Office a conduct of Bataan Provincial-Wide Settlement of Issues of Indigenous Cultural Communities/ Indigenous Peoples (ICCs/IPs) was conducted at Camp Cirilo S. Tolentino, City of Balanga, Bataan with the following activity:
A. MALAYANG TALAKAYAN. The ICCs/IPs from different Municipalities presented the issues they are facing inside their ancestral domains. The burning issues and their corresponding ways forward were discussed as follows:
1. Issues inside the ancestral Domain involving DENR projects
(Management of Limutan Falls to undergo FPIC as a tourist destination, Illegal entry and Squatting of non-IPs in the ancestral domainnnn; Issue on PABAZA/NGP program) – In response, the DENR will organize a meeting every Tuesday with Ayta ICCs/IPs assisted by NCIP for the discussion and settlement of issues;
2. Requesting a free driving lesson for IPs in order to obtain a driver’s license. As to agreement during the open forum, the NCIP Bataan will coordinate to LTO RO 3 requesting to conduct free driving lesson and the Bataan PLGU will provide accommodation for personnel from LTO.
3. Rampant selling of Lands inside AD by the Non-IPs and Continuation of Titling and delineation of AD – Gov. Abet Garcia commits to support the continuation of funding for the delineation and titling of ancestral domains in Bataan, in order to ensure that the right to ancestral domain and land is given to the Ayta of Bataan, as well as to retain unwanted non-IP migrants and the encroachment of non-organizations in the ancestral domain. NCIP Bataan to give Gov. Abet a report of the implemented Delineation & Titling funded by PLGU.
4. Issuance of CADT- NCIP will issue certification on the status of every ancestral domain signed by Sec. Allen A. Capuyan, NCIP Chairperson;
5. Illegal logging inside AD and government employee seizes their land and threatened the Ayta ICCs/IPs. In response to the issue, Gov. Abet Garcia gave directives to PNP and Phil. Army for immediate investigation on the matter;
6. Balanga Mining Corporation. Operating without FPIC inside AD. It was agreed that the NCIP Bataan will schedule ocular inspection for issuance of cease & desist order by the NCIP RO-III.
7. Cancellation of titles in AD issued after the effectivity of IPRA law inside Morong AD.
8. Requesting for doctor’s visitation/ community doctor in every IP communities and health care assistance. As response, Bataan PLGU will coordinate with PHO to schedule visit in the IP communities thru mobile clinic to conduct medical check-up & dental care;
9. Allowance for all tribal chieftains in Bataan and allowance for Bantay Gubat. As agreed during the open forum, the NCIP Bataan will assist the IPs to write a request letter addressed to governor Abet Garcia for the funding of allowances of tribal chieftains and bantay gubat.
B. MANIFESTO. A Pledge of Commitment of the ICCs/IPs led by PD PCol. Romell A. Velasco joining and consenting the implementation of EO70 creating NTF-ELCAC (National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict and Institutionalized a “Whole of the Nation Approach” in attaining an “Inclusive and Sustainable Peace in their Ancestral Domain, Peace for Bataan, and Peace of the whole Philippines.
C. MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT B/N PNP & NCIP. In order to protect & promote the rights of ICCs/IPs, a coordination, partnership and enhancement of operation to ensure the best use of available resources and establish effective, efficient & functional IP Affairs Desk and other arrangements for better service of the ICCs/IPs and cooperation in matters of common interest specifically in ending communist insurgency.
D. TREE PLANTING. The DENR donated ten (10) trees to be planted by NCIP, PNP, Partner Agencies and Ayta ICCs/IPs of Bataan at Camp Tolentiono grounds as a symbolic gesture of the very important event today reminding of dignity, giving new roots not of conflict but of peace, connection to nature, and giving justice to Ayta ICCs/IPs of Bataan
E. ANNOUNCEMENTS. PMaj Randy P. Apolonio, Chief PCADU announces the The First Provincial Mobile Force Company project “Talipapa para sa Kapatid na Ayta, Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Panahon ng Pandemya” happening every friday morning at Bunker. All the Ayta ICCs/IPs of Bataan are encouraged to come & sell their products. Also, an incoming project of PNP planting 1000 Trees was also announced and a visit of the proposed area in Bamban AD will be conducted as volunteered by the Brgy. IPMR.
The activity was also participated by partner Government Agencies and other stakeholders from DAR Bataan, Erickson T. Reyes, DENR, Raul H. Mamac, PAO, Gay D. Gonzaga, DOH Bataan, Dr. Francisco D. Hermoso III, DILG, Michelle F. Samson, Philippine Army, Kelvin S. Francisco, POO, Renan James Dasig, NICA, POG and PIO. Also with the active participation of Municipal, Barangay IPMRs, Tribal Chieftains, Women & Youth from Ayta ICCs of Bataan and the ever supportive Governor of Bataan, Hon. Albert S. Garcia, representatives from NCIP Central Office, Director Reynaldo Dingal, NCIP R3 Regional Director, Atty. Roland P. Calde, Atty. Richard Piaga, Atty. Carlo Caramto, from NCIP Bataan Provincial Office headed by Mr. Randy Q. Bernales and NCIP Bangkal Service Center Chief, Engr. Jones Conception Binwag.
The program officially closed by giving the Ayta ICCs/IPs food packs/relief goods from Bataan PPO.