Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ncipr3.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1236
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ncipr3.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1238
Feb 21 | Going Further: The NCIP-World Bank Meeting
The NCIP headed by Chairperson Allen A. Capuyan, with Comm. Gaspar A. Cayat-Commissioner for CAR and Region I, Atty. Norberto M. Navarro-Commissioner for Region II, Dir. Dahlialyn D Dait-Cawed, the OIC Director of the Foreign-Assisted Programs and International Relations Office, and Ms. Glenda A. Pua, Division Head of the Socio-Economic Development Services of the OSESSC and the World Bank headed by Country Director Ndiame Diop, with Operations Manager Achim Fock and Ms. Madhu Raghunath, the Sector Leader for Sustainable Development, convened to explore on possible areas of engagement and partnership for the Indigenous Cultural Communities/Indigenous Peoples (ICCs/IPs) of the Philippines.
*Salient Points /Areas of cooperation from the World Bank*
1.Data collection and Information.
-Possibility of targeting policy; indicate IP situation, challenges and what needs to be done.
-To consider working with other agencies such as the PSA in terms of data from census or survey
2. Capacity Building. – national mapping of communities; how to look the long and cumbersome process of FPIC…look into the component of the SPLIT on digitization of ADs; what is redundant, necessary and not necessary etc.
3. Trainings to identify gaps of ESSF 7 to include climate change, environment, social protection, health etc…
1. Regular exchange of notes with the World Bank and NCIP at the strategic level;
2. Enhancement of Memorandum Order the World Bank Technical Working Group (TWG)
3. Development of NCIP Action Plan
The World Bank provided copies of their country report titled, “Systematic Country Diagnostic of the Philippines: Realizing the Filipino Dream for 2040”, aligned to achieve the vision of the PH government set forth in Ambisyon Natin 2040.
The NCIP also handed sets of Project Epanaw’s “Pagkilala”, Paggalang”, and Pagtaguyod” Coffee Table Books (CTBs) of the ICCs/IPs which were gladly received by the Officials of the World Bank.