Feb 8: The 5th Central Luzon Inter-Agency Visitation to the Ayta ICCs/IPs under CADT No. 008, 014, & 151 in the town of Cabanggan, Zambales. Specifically, at Sitio Mapporac, Barangay New San Juan, Cabanggan, Zambales, together with the National & Local Government Agencies representatives.
3 ADs of Cabanggan, Zambales:
1. Banawen and Yangil under CADT No. ROIII-ZAM-008-AD.
2. Cadmang-Reserba & Mabanglit under Petition No. ROIII-ZAM-014-AD.
3. Maporac under CADT No. RO3-CAB-0110-151
Present were the Mayor together with other Local Officials: Provincial IPMR, City IPMRs, Municipal IPMRs, Tribal Elders/Leaders & IP Youth plus Barangay Officials.
The following Major Burning Issues and concerns from the 5 ADs were discussed with identified ways forward:
IPMR Concern. Resolve the issue on unity among the community and coordination with the LGU for the conduct of the selection;
Issuance of AD Title.
2. The CEB has already issued three certificates for the recognition of ADs/ALs;
a.) AD/AL Tilting;
b.) On Process for AD/AL titling;
c.) An AD/AL but without application for titling
2. On no ADSDPP. For coordination with other agencies either through NCIP or by the community themselves through an endorsed communication by their community leaders with the aid of their IP Youth/ EAP Grantees;
3. On other issues the NCIP Chairperson instructed the community with the assistance of the NCIP for the creation of email and open bank accounts for all the ADs;
“We emphasize the right to self-governance, we need leaders in protecting their ancestral domains so they can connect directly to communities as well as to different government agencies through exercising self-governance in the community, they are able to protect ancestral domains because it demonstrates the spiritual and physical connection of communities between their late leaders and future generations.”