NCIP visit to the Northern Luzon Command for a Courtesy Call.
On 15 February 2022, the NCIP Chairperson, was joined by Commissioner for Region 3 and the Rest of Luzon Roland Rivera, Commissioner for Region 2, Norberto Navarro, RD3 Atty. Roland Calde, RD CAR Atty Addog, OIC R1, Director, Office of Empowerment and Human Rights, Reynaldo Dingal, Legal Affairs Office Atty. Gillian Dunuan, and OIC – Director Administrative Service Ms. Rosanna Lingating.
During the Visit, BGEN LEANDRO V ABELEDA III, PA, Deputy Commander for the Operations, NOLCOM, while, Hon. Rolando M. Rivera, PhD, DPA, DHUM, Commissioner for Region 3 and the Rest of Luzon NCIP, welcomed and introduced the NCIP Delegation, respectively.
After the preliminaries COL ALARIC AP DELOS SANTOS GSC (INF) PA briefed the plenary on the Indigenous Peoples Affairs Desk as well as on its updates on conducted joint activities with the NCIP where the ICCs/IPs in region 3 were benefitted.
During the open forum the following were discussed:
1. To mainstream ICCs/IPs Burning Issues not the ICCs/IPs themselves.
2. To institutionalize a system for intelligence reporting and feedbacking/quick response mechanisms in addressing burning issues of the ICCs/IPs of the Northern Luzon
3. Interface the 11 Building Blocks of a resilient responsive and relevant ICCs/IPs framework with that of the IPAD. Specifically empowering the IP Structure of the ICCs/IPs, to include their traditional Leaders/Elders, IP Organizations, IP Youth, women in the implementation. To work closely with them involve them in all planning and implementation of IPAD programs.
4. Empowering the IPMRs by involving them in the implementation of the IPAD program.
5. Establish IPAD in other AFP PA Commands and Institutionalized in the National down the Unit levels of the AFP and even interfaced with the NTF ELCAC 12 LOEs framework.
6. As regard to the institutionalization of the IPAD the NCIP shall directly engage the NOLCOM through the Office of Empowerment and Human Rights.
7. Enhancing the IPAD program to help also address the socio-economic, basic services, infrastructure, and other development concerns of the ICCs/IPs in their ADs/ALs.
8. On tapping the IPAD program to address the Casecnan Burning Issue towards preventing possible exploitation by the CPP-NPA-NDF sensationalizing it in the local and international arena. For NCIP and GHQ to exchange Focal Points for this engagement.
Presentation of the MIPCEL/MIPYO Certificate recognizing the advocacy of LTGEN ERNESTO C TORRES JR PA for the recognizing, respecting, promoting and protecting the rights of the ICCs/IPs in whole of Mindanao during his duty as the Commanding General of the 10th ID PA.
The program officially closed by a delivery of messages from the Executive Director NTF ELCAC and NCIP Chairperson Allen A. Capuyan and Commander, NOLCOM, LTGEN ERNESTO C TORRES JR PA.