The National Commission on Indigenous Peoples Region 3 together with NCIP Tarlac
TARLAC CITY—The National Commission on Indigenous Peoples Region 3 together with NCIP Tarlac attended a joint meeting with the Provincial Government of Tarlac, DENR PENRO Tarlac, CENRO Camiling and Capas, DILG Tarlac, and Select IPMRs about the arising IP Concerns in the Province. Atty. Roman A. Antonio, Regional Director of NCIP Region 3 presented the Tarlac Provincial Profile as well as the 11 IP Building Blocks to the joint meeting. RD Antonio highlighted the need to support funding of ADSDPP as well as the Ancestral Domain and Delineation Titling for the ADs in Tarlac Province.
Highligths of the said meeting are the ff:
1. Coordination with PENRO Tarlac and Provincial Government of Tarlac to the NCIP in providing advisories of Illegal Land Selling of IPs and Non-IPs
2. Establishment of Provincial Indigenous Peoples Mandatory Representation (IPMR) with help of DILG Tarlac
3. Sponsoring a Provincial Ordinance of Illegal Selling of Lands within Ancestral Domains based on NCIP National Advisory NA-2020-08-01 s.2020.
4. FPIC Concerns within ADs/Validation of Government Projects; and
5. Tourism concerns of the Provincial Government of Tarlac
RD Antonio also stated that all IP concerns should be coursed thru the NCIP Region 3 for proper assistance. The NCIP Region 3 shall remain in touch with the Government Offices concerned for the welfare of the ICCs/IPs.